We want your swimsuit to last as long as you love it! Please follow these steps to keep it in tip-top shape.
Try and wash your suit after each wear. Start by filling your sink with cold water and add one capful of mild detergent or white vinegar. Let the swimsuit soak in the solution for up to 30 minutes, and then rinse with cool water. To dry, gently roll your suit in a clean dry towel, lightly pressing to remove the excess water. While it may be tempting, you should never wring out your swimsuit, as doing so may damage the spandex fibers. When you’re finished, lay the suit flat to dry.
To keep your swimsuit in tip-top shape, also be mindful to avoid these don’ts:
- Don’t soak a swimsuit overnight. This can loosen fibers.
- Don’t let a swimsuit dry directly in the sun. This may cause fading.
- Don’t put a swimsuit in the dryer. The heat weakens the elasticity of the spandex. This is the same reason why you shouldn’t wear your favorite bikini in a Jacuzzi.
- Don’t hang a swimsuit on a metal rod to dry. Hanging can alter the shape of the garment, while the metal rod could leave a rust mark that’s impossible to get out.
- Don’t sit on rough surfaces while wearing a swimsuit. The concrete beside the pool or wood from the lounge chairs may snag the swimsuit material. Always lay down a towel before you sit.